What Is A LEED Building In NYC?
What are the benefits?
Similarly, if you are modifying an existing building for a LEED certification, it will improve its value. Even if you can’t raise the rent or demand a higher price, the lower utility costs can improve your profit margins.
Why do people like living in LEED Buildings?
What is the purpose of LEED-Certification?
How many LEED Buildings are there in NYC?
LEED Building Examples
- 1510 Lexington Avenue: 18-story luxury building on the Upper East Side. It’s NYC’s first smoke-free residential building. (LEED Silver certification)
- Toren: 38 story condominium in Downtown Brooklyn. (LEED Gold certification)
- The Verdesian: 26-story building in Battery Park City. (LEED Platinum certification)
- The Hearst Tower: a 46-story commercial building that reduced energy consumption by 40%. (Both Gold and Platinum certification)
- 10 Hudson Yards: The 895-feet Commercial tower on 10th Avenue with several green features, including a 60,000-gallon reservoir to save and use rainwater/stormwater. (LEED Platinum certification)